Re: Introductions

How long has it been fair friends?
Some of you, I remember. Fond memories all around, to say the least.
I suppose this isn't much of an introdcution but a reintroduction. Or is it a re-reintroduction? Hm....
I'll have to mull that over a while. Hopefully it won't take two months and a couple of emails to finally have me respond.
But I'm here, back again and so on. I'll be staying a while this time.

"For I am the first and the last. I am the silence that is incomprehensible and the idea whose remembrance is frequent. I am the voice whose sound is manifold and the idea whose appearance is multiple. For I am knowledge and ignorance. I am shame and boldness. I am shameless; I am ashamed. I am strength and I am fear. I am war and I am peace. Give heed to me. I am the brightest of light and darkness black as pitch. For I am the one who alone exists, and I have no one who will judge me."

Welcome back, sir!

Hi everyone. My name is Matthew Brown. I am but a humble artist willing to learn all there is to know about Steampunk and the art movements related to it.

Welcome to the club, Matthew!

If you haven't yet, you may want to read Hilde's introduction to steampunk in our online magazine, Never Was. I also share a lot of steam- and dieselpunk art there, which may be good inspiration.

Let us know if you have a website, blog or portfolio we can check out and feel free to share your own stuff in the Ætherscope forum.

Greetings fellow loungers. I hail from the United States. Thank you for the registration. I have long been fascinated with what constitutes Dieselpunk and Steampunk.  I love the fiction, art, design, and aesthetic of these worlds.

I also like cyberpunk.

I look forward to reading the user guide and enjoying the group's activity.

Cheers!

Welcome to the Smoking Lounge! We're happy to have you.

What got you into dieselpunk?

Ottens wrote:

Welcome to the Smoking Lounge! We're happy to have you.

What got you into dieselpunk?

Apologies for the late reply. I think alternate history in general and a fascination for the technology of both World Wars got me into Dieselpunk. Steampunk is cool and creative, but Dieselpunk has a darker Noirish aesthetic. The dystopian themes seem to closer align with Dieselpunk and cyberpunk in my opinion. Nonetheless, I enjoy the fiction, the art, and the costumes.

Greetings all,
I have been interested in both steampunk and dieselpunk for a while, and thought that this would be an excellent resource to learn more about them, as well as interact with fellow enthusiasts. I am most interested in the technology of the two, as we as a species were far more creative (in my opinion, at least) before the development of computers. Without them, elaborate mechanical systems were required to achieve what we now consider simple tasks. In addition to the technological aspect, I am also interested in fashion, art, and design hearkening from these eras.

Welcome to the club! I'm sorry things have been a little quiet around here. I think the combination of social media and steampunk no longer behind the shiny new thing has decreased the demand for old-fashioned message-board communities like ours.

Ottens wrote:

Welcome to the club! I'm sorry things have been a little quiet around here. I think the combination of social media and steampunk no longer behind the shiny new thing has decreased the demand for old-fashioned message-board communities like ours.

Social media seems to have the ability to ruin everything but itself for everyone. Hopefully things pick up again soon.