Re: Book Club

Just posted a negative review of N.R. Grabe's steampunk novella Wild Marjoram on my blog.

UPDATE: It has come to my attention that the version of Wild Marjoram I reviewed is most likely an early draft that was mistakenly put on Amazon.com and quickly removed (though not before I downloaded it). Therefore, I cannot vouch for the validity of my review.

I'm looking for test readers for my new novel. The work in question is The Revolution Beyond Time. It is the third book in the Infini Calendar series.

The year is 1889 (Infini Calendar). Twelve-year-old Nelly Flowers is accompanying her parents on a journey to Wichita with the ultimate goal of staking a claim in the Oklahoma Land Run. However, when their airship is attacked by pirates--with Nelly the apparent target--she'll have to find the courage she isn't sure she has and entrust her life to mysterious new friends in order to save everyone. The dreaded Gnostagar have returned, and for the first time humans must journey to their world. Said humans are (somewhat) up to the task, but can a child, an Austrian cowgirl, a rebel Gnostagar and an anti-social Lincoln-hater really stop these shape-shifting monsters?

You can download the rough draft from http://depositfiles.com/files/he4nzvn9n. I would appreciate any feedback.

Just posted a positive review of Hiroshi Yamamoto's kaiju novel MM9 on my blog.

Currently reading James Baldwin's Giovanni's Room (1956). A sad story of gay love in Paris.

Just finished volumes 1-4 of Skies of Fire, a dieselpunk comic book series written by Vincenzo Ferriero and Ray Chou with art by Pablo Peppino.

Review will be up on Never Was soon.

Short version: Great art, light on plot, worth the $8 per volume.

Info here.