Topic: Animism and Industrialism

Note: I put it here in matters to edulcorate this very slippery subject.

Since some time, i grew a animism spirituality ( don't belonging to any established faith mind you, i simply came to believe into a global energy force than i named Gaia). During my reflection, i realised than animism was more adapted to a industrialised world than any other religion since it convey a universalism and a sens of caution than such world need to survive its own evolution. What the big problem with ecology and humanitarism this days ? The fact our moral standard don't permit us to feel empathy to people who don't yet exist or we don't know. Heck, much bad habit are often maintained because we can not feel empathy for our own futur self. If peoples considered themselves as only a gear in the clockwork universe like animists do, much problem of the industrialised world would be solved.

So, what do you think of it ? For the sake of this discussion not degenerating into a flame war, lets focus this discussion in the general concept of industrialised world (hence again the position of this thread in the forum) instead of our own exactly.

''What's more important, the data or the jazz? Sure, sure, 'Information should be free' and all that- but anyone can set information free. The jazz is in how you do it, what you do it to, and in almost getting caught without getting caught. The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. ''
Datatech Sinder Roze, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
-Arthur C Clarke