Re: UCS Vanguard, Episode VII: A Fresh Start (NON-CANON)

Izzy glared at Rousseau. She'd had a rough night and wasn't in the mood for listening to the Skipper trawl over the itinerary for the new mission. She would prefer to be getting totally smashed on booze right now. But she wasn't allowed.

She noted that the medical officer was occasionally glancing over at her. Was she under watch? It was true, setting fire to everything on the last big mission wasn't exactly protocol, but it did do the trick.

She wished she was back in bed, asleep.

Sorry, left the Falcon in the Bentley. Right now, you answer to my Ronson T-T.

All hail Kremperpunk.

The Commandant noticed the dirty look Operations Officer Isbell had given her and rolled her eyes. If she wanted to stay up late and get hammered, that was her business. She shouldn't be ornery about her duties the next day, however. Handing the controls of the Vanguard over to her next relief pilot, Jenkins, she stood and stretched.

Antoinette walked over to the Doctor's station and followed him off the bridge. They began making their way through the corridor to the meeting room.

"Everything nice and calm in sickbay, Doctor?"

"Why, what have you heard?" asked Jim nervously. Only when he noticed the pilot's bewilderment did he realize she knew nothing of the Marines' boxing match that was supposed to start about halfway through the briefing ahead. He tried the best medicine in any awkward situation: laughter. It came out more of an edgy giggle though. "I'm joking, of course," he explained.

"Well, I was just asking," said Rousseau. She raised an eyebrow then quickened her pace a bit to leave Jim strolling besides Lt Commander Isbell on their way to the meeting. "I'm sure we're missing a few officers, aren't we?" Izzy observed. "Or do you suppose they're all waiting for us already?"

"I'm not sure," said Jim. "We'll see. Here we are."

14 (edited by Ella Kremper 2010-07-04 21:37)

Izzy and Jim followed Rousseau into the meeting room, which was empty apart from those three. It was likely that the other officers would arrive later.

Izzy immediately headed towards one of the swivel chairs, leapt in and spun around several times. She took a peach from the fruit bowl that was in the middle of the meeting room table and tore into it with her teeth. The Commandant rolled her eyes disapprovingly.

"Oi, Doc!" Izzy called to Jim.

"What is it, Isbell?" Jim replied.

"You should get your medic bag, someone 'ere's got stick-in-arse syndrome!" she cackled, nodding her head at Rousseau. "Cor blimey, we ain't fiddlin' on a task yet, just relax!"

Sorry, left the Falcon in the Bentley. Right now, you answer to my Ronson T-T.

All hail Kremperpunk.

Kittlesen walked in to apparently more Izzy-related mayhem and opted for quietly taking his seat, trying to remain out of the space between Izzy and the Commandant. He checked his watch, noting both the time until the meeting and the time until the match.

He absentmindedly took an apple from the collection of fruit and quietly munched on it for awhile, before checking his watch again.

"So... are we the only ones invited?" he asked with a small laugh.

Blessed be Science and her handmaiden Steam;
They make Utopia only half a dream.

"Why, I suppose we're waiting for Colonel Hunter-Thorpe and some of the new officers, perhaps," said Jim. "And the Commodore, of course." Speaking of Cross, Jim wondered what was keeping him. He was usually in time for meetings he called. Perhaps he should have a look in his Sea Cabin.

"I think I'll go check on the Commodore," he announced.