Re: New design

I hope everyone will get used to it soon. Most of the layout is basically the same, it's largely cosmetics (colors and borders etc.) that have changed, along with the position of some links.

Let me explain a little about the redesign: I wanted something some more clean and organized than the previous look and work with no more than three colors: grey, white and yellow. I was a bit restrained in two regards: first, by the layout I had chosen for the new Tumblr blog. The forum had to match that style, and that explains the positioning of the boards. That left a significant space to the right which I decided to fill up with disproportionately large hyperlinks. It'll become, I think, something of a trend to have such large links. The move from very small fonts for hyperlinks to excessively large ones can already be seen in websites that are recently designed.

Second, I was bound to the forum software. I've so extensively tweaked it that it would have given a whole lot of trouble to update to a more recent version. So I had to work with what I had in that sense, which did, if slightly, limited my options.

In the end, I'm rather satisfied with this new design, but then, it's only natural for me to be, else I wouldn't have designed it this way. For those of you who are rather disappointed with it, rest assured, in all likelihood, it will only be a matter of time before I'm tired with this design again and start working up something new. wink

@ Col. Adrianna Hazard: I tried rebooting, but there was no change. It's not a big deal to me, though.

“Faith is both the prison and the open hand.”— Vienna Teng, "Augustine"

I haven't quite decided if I like the new look yet.

It does have a stark Noir thing going for it. If I use my imagination I can almost see the yellow glow of dirty streetlamps and ash grey trenchcoats blending with an impermeable cloud of smog...

I'm just not sure if it's a good thing. Whatever though, I do like change for its own sake.

Love life, have fun, and let curiosity reign!

If there is something for me to criticize, I would say it is the lack of contrast between the post area and the background. My eye feels like wandering no matter where I am on the site, though the content is centered.

Anyone else get that feeling? Maybe it's just me. Heh. In any case, again, it's no big deal.

Regards,

Kevin

I like the switch to the Smoking Lounge logo from the blurry man smile Focuses eyes a bit more. Gives a bit more colour.

That is all.

Sorry, left the Falcon in the Bentley. Right now, you answer to my Ronson T-T.

All hail Kremperpunk.

Ooh, I like the new logo. I think adding yellow worked wonders, too.

Regards,

Kevin