1 (edited by Ella Kremper 2008-08-25 12:03)

Topic: Can't access page links in a thread

I've noticed that in threads that go beyond 5 pages in length, I can't access the links for pages 6+ because it's hidden by the header with the thread target address:

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk202/thedecokremper/48ef4757.jpg

Just in case it's too small, the link for page 7 is partially obscured, and sometimes I can't get to the latest page because of the ...5, (obs)6, secret treasure, that old shoe - because it's hidden under the header.

I'm using Firefox as recommended so I'm fairly sure it's not a browser problem... what to do?

Sorry, left the Falcon in the Bentley. Right now, you answer to my Ronson T-T.

All hail Kremperpunk.

Re: Can't access page links in a thread

I have the same problem and I'm using IE. Not sure how to combat the trouble though. hmm Nick?

I get it too. I make the text smaller and then I can click them, but it would be nice if there was an easier solution.

Sean Schönherr, author of Cinema is Cinema

I go to the last page I can see and then manually change the page number in the address bar up top; not a pretty work around, but it does the trick too.

"Cattle die, kinsmen die, the self must also die, but glory never dies for he that wins it."

Unfortunately, manually changing the page number in the URL is the best solution right now...  I'm aware of the problem, and I've tried combatting it in the past, but when I increase the width of the field that contains the page numbers, the topic ID (the centre line, "HOME, Forum Affairs...") is bumped to a second line and I didn't figure out at the time how to set a fixed width on that one.  I'll try and see if I can come up with a solution hopefully tomorrow, when I'll have access to my own PC again.

Sorry 'bout the inconvenience for now!

Oh, no rush, I'm happy to change the page number in the address bar smile We'll just blame it on the machinations of the Thought Police big_smile

Sorry, left the Falcon in the Bentley. Right now, you answer to my Ronson T-T.

All hail Kremperpunk.

The Thought Police?  But really, it's not Steiner's fault!

Surprisingly, he's right! big_smile

Unfortunately I still haven't been able to find a satisfying solution to this problem.  There is one option, though, and that is to increase the number of posts displayed per page.  Default is 10 posts per page.  You can personalize this setting under the "Display" options in your profile.  That way, a thread will be less pages, however, on exceptionally large threads, it's not a perfect solution, for you probably don't want dozens of posts per page, but it's the best I can give you, I'm afraid.

I've got the same problem but have only now thought of addressing it.  What about this for a solution.  Instead of having several page options displayed:

Just have the previous and next pages.

I don't know if this is a plausible solution as I have to computer tech experience.  I never thought about changing the number in the address bar.  I'll do that for now.