Re: Dieselpunk fashion

Are you serious they have a boxed set?!?!?! I know what I want for christmas

Seems that everywhere is stylistically stuck in the 80's...which for guys I don't mind too much; always been a fan of suspenders and leather motorcycle jackets...although I would prefer Dieselstyle of course.

HildeKitten wrote:

And Nick, leggings are fine as undergarments NOT as a substitute for trousers.  I really wish people would start realising that by now! (the only exeption would be leggings for sport type things in a sport's hall type place).

Yes, I must say that yoga pants (which are just slightly thicker leggings) are ideal exercise wear. They are like a second skin and are my preference for any physical activity that demands a lot of flexibility from clothing.

In winter, I end up with an appearance that has been described by others as "So, off to assassinate the Russian royal family?"

This was quite accidental. Not being lofty vertically, long wool coats often end up just above my feet, and I have various wool/faux-fur hats that really are suited for the chilly months. Coupled with a pair of Docs, I've ended up not with Boho chic, but Bolsho chic (Bolshovik).

Comfortable, warm, and apparently great for starting revolutions big_smile

Sorry, left the Falcon in the Bentley. Right now, you answer to my Ronson T-T.

All hail Kremperpunk.

Sounds like a good dieselpunk/pulp look. Perhaps when the colder months come, you can share it with us!

I would like to see pictures also!

Now here's a clean, simple difference between steampunk and dieselpunk:  steampunks dress as though they are Russian royalty;  dieselpunks as though they're off to assassinate them!  wink

I agree with the Colonel and HildeKitten;  pictures, please!

Blimey, you're all eager! wink Unfortunately, as I'm just about to go back to uni, my stuff is all bagged up and packed up, but come the bleak midwinter I'll see if I can borrow a camera from somebody.

It's a wonder what three pieces of innocuous clothing can do big_smile

All hail Kremperpunk.

As someone wise once said, "Less is more".  wink

And if you see the overloaded outfits of some steampunks, no one can disagree with that statement smile

Very true! How on earth am I going to make a quick getaway from my mad scientist's castle if I'm weighed down by a chatalaine/corset/petticoats/various gear-related stuff? And damn it, I must look nice before I leave in my underground river!

I should mention I am wearing additional stuff as well as the hat, coat and boots, and not just those three yikes

All hail Kremperpunk.