Re: List of steampunk websites

Another nice blog I found, Steampunk Pics.

There's a new---well, new to me anyway---Italian steampunk community out there, called the Laboratory of Time.  They have a pretty nifty banner, but other than that, I can't make much sense of it, since Italian is one language I don't speak, unfortunately.  I've added it to my list of "things to do", but right now, buying bourbon has priority.

And another new community out there, called Wings of Steam.  Looks nice, eh?  It's a combination of regular discussion and role-playing apparently, though the "in-character" boards are empty still.

New blog, Birds Before The Storm - "Airships, Anarchism, Etc."  There's steampunk, with a heavy dose of political leftism, along with hints of dieselpunk and other good stuff.

15 (edited by Chicar 2008-11-07 23:36)

Definition with example of steampunk of the mass media lexicology dedicated wiki Trope Tv
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SteamPunk

''What's more important, the data or the jazz? Sure, sure, 'Information should be free' and all that- but anyone can set information free. The jazz is in how you do it, what you do it to, and in almost getting caught without getting caught. The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. ''
Datatech Sinder Roze, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
-Arthur C Clarke

16 (edited by elShoggotho 2008-11-16 18:56)

My forum seems to die slowly - mainly because none of the members contribute. There's only intermittent activity in one roleplaying thread. I'd be rather sad if it dies like that. Just click my website link.

If by chance you're passing by
On some adventure through the sky,
And if I'm fully awake,
Do stop in for tea and cake!

17 (edited by Armat 2008-11-16 19:09)

No, it can't die!
Let me offer little help...

***added to links on Steampunk Pics***

I must admit that I don't often frequent your forums, for no other reason than time restraints on my part, however it'd be awfully sad indeed if it were gone!

I am the same problem with my site.

''What's more important, the data or the jazz? Sure, sure, 'Information should be free' and all that- but anyone can set information free. The jazz is in how you do it, what you do it to, and in almost getting caught without getting caught. The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. ''
Datatech Sinder Roze, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
-Arthur C Clarke

It's a fairly widespread problem. Steampunk never was a wide enough interest before the Singularity to manage a LOT of really active fora, and after the Singularity... well, the Singularity ended up being one forum in particular. It's not surprising that the rest and any further startup ventures have suffered. Heck, I've given up on my old Yahoo Group and only really keep it hanging on for the sake of nostalgia.