Topic: Spam Infestation

I'm sure you've noticed those posts by now.

It'd be lovely if there was a way for me to report those posts without clicking on them and being redirected back to them after I do, in case I ever run into them while I'm at work, but message boards don't seem to be designed for that.

Re: Spam Infestation

I flagged them up for the powers that be to delete them, but likewise, If I were at Univeristy or something, and they popped up, It'd be a questionable incident for sure.

They are quite annoying. And obviously out of place, as well. I trust our moderators will find them, and report them on occasion. This one was truly bad, though. I just closed out as soon as it opened, and figured I'd start a thread if no one else had.

I really didn't need to see that! ._.

Sean Schönherr, author of Cinema is Cinema

Maybe there should be moderators who can delete such stuff in other timezones? A moderation in which "the sun never sets"?

Just call me Jack

Moderators, I think, can't delete topics, only admin and possibly JD as Lord Protector.

We have staff in different timezones;  I'm around most of the time (Netherlands) and both JD and Adrianna are in North America. 

Sorry about this, people, it's a shame it got posted while I was at work, else it would have been taken care of more rapidly.  It seems that spite of all our measures, spambots still manage to register and post, so please do Report any obvious spam and we'll take care of it ASAP.

If you report a post, please post a simple, "Reported" message in the topic, if you're able   (I suggest people who visit our boards in public spaces to avoid topics with titles that indicate spam).

Yes, had I not been out of the city at the scientific reserve for work today, I would have dealt with it over my lunch break. Please do continue the good work in reporting these nasty ads, though!

Yaghish wrote:

Maybe there should be moderators who can delete such stuff in other timezones? A moderation in which "the sun never sets"?

The Sun Never Sets on the Ottensian Empire?

I think I should be renaming the website into that!  big_smile

That's really witty Jack, I like it smile

We should use it somewhere in the Gazette for giggles smile