Re: Steampunk Accessories

Absolutely, I fully support the Colonel's claim as inventor of gearrings as well!

I simply can not live without the following items:

My wrist braces, One plain leather (Soon to have something put on it) And my watch band, which is about 4-5 inches wide fits nicely around my wrist, and holds a watch with a tachymeter on it that looks quite good. (I intend to mod this a little to look like a vortex manipulator)

My Vest, my god I can't live without my vest.

And Cargo pants.

As for shoes, Chucks work quite well for me.

Oh yes, and I absolutely adore carrying a cane.

Sincerely,

SFC (Professor) Delphinius "J.C." Tucker

Sincerely,

SFC (Professor) Delphinius "J.C" Tucker

A cane!  I'd get one if only they weren't so expensive.

I found these wonderful umbrellas online, I think they're quite good smile
Nothing wrong what so ever with staying dry in style!

http://www.hdueo.co.uk/catalog/product_ … ucts_id/96 : compact umbrella with steamy clock print

And a links for pagoda/Edwardian umbrellas and parasols:)

http://www.brolliesgalore.co.uk/
http://www.hdueo.co.uk/catalog/index.php/cPath/24

I bought a black pagada umbrella with orange pinstripes (there wasn't exactly much choice, and it'll match all the brown ^__^) off ebay last week, but sadly it has not arrived yet sad

Ottens wrote:

Any style you're looking for in particular? I could keep an eye out when visiting local markets and stuff.  canes don't pop up too often, but sometimes interesting things do appear for not a whole lot of money.

Last year a bought a cane for my brother made of pieces of polished water buffalo horn. Each section was about 15cm long and the whole thing screwed together beautifully. If I recall correctly I paid 450  Baht for it, about 10 euros..

Then there is my own dragon cane, I bought some months ago. It is hand carved out of teak wood. It's a big ol' beast, longer than most canes and with a big carved dragon head on top. I have some crappy pictures of it here, here and here. I am pretty sure I paid 300 or 350 Baht for it, so that'd be about 6 or 7 euro..

I'm not going to be here much longer though. I'm heading back home in just a few more weeks. But hey, if you'd want I'll keep an eye open and see if anything comes along in the meantime.

Just make sure you don't get a cain that's too short for you, then you can't lean on it rakishly. The result is far less than desirable!

akumabito wrote:
Ottens wrote:

Any style you're looking for in particular? I could keep an eye out when visiting local markets and stuff.

Not really, actually.  Now, whenever the weathers allows it, I just use an umbrella instead.  I doubt I'd use a cane much, so I'd really only buy one when I happen to come across something cheap yet elegant  wink

Speaking of umbrellas, I feel most of those at the pages Miss HildeKitten posted may be either slightly too feminine or simply too cheerful for my tastes.  Boring as it may be, I prefer a simple black umbrella, with a wooden handle.

I bought an Edwardian parasol/umbrella today!
A shop in Louvain had them in cream, grey and black (I got a black one) for € 23 *happy*

My friend Tom has made off with my top hat, which I had decorated with a black belt of mine.  I hope he realises I'll be wanting that belt back (not necessarily the hat, it's 4 sizes too big for me so I can't wear it anyway haha).

My black Edwardian umbrella with orange pinstripes:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3140/2661378589_1def9ac213_m.jpg

Are there online stores which sell bowlers that are reputable (e.g. a purchase has been made from them and the product/service interaction was good)?  I've been looking for a good bowler, but am a bit apprehensive about purchasing online.

"Nothing good is easy; nothing easy is good" - Anon.