Re: The Steampunk Wardrobe

Very dapper! I like the waistcoat.

Thank you, I made it myself smile

HildeKitten wrote:

Lots of people were staring at me, with the release of Hellboy 2 I plan to go in full steam, just so see how badly they stare then haha (as you probably noticed, I don't mind people staring and find it amusing).

Why that's the greatest part of dressing up! I love to make people stare, and I plan on doing just that this weekend at an anime convention. Cosplay and elegant gothic lolita clothing galore!

Last night we hosted a fancy dress encouraged party, and here is my outfit for the evening:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/Victoria_S/Clothing%20Album/couple.jpg

I love the white shirt you're wearing smile

An attractive combination of something of an airpirate-lady and the more casually dressed aristocrat.  wink

Thank you both!

The picture doesn't do the shirt justice - the sleeves are actually pleated at the shoulder, and end right a the pouf at the elbow, and it has a quadruple row of ruffles on either side of the buttons.

Not me, but the steampunk outfit of a Dr. Jonas Mortimer Renfield:

http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs26/300W/f/2008/148/6/4/Protection_from_the_Elements_by_velvetgoldmineee.jpg

Hmmmmm, looks like a very scene steampunk to me, although I adore his goggles.

Col. Adrianna Hazard wrote:

Hmmmmm, looks like a very scene steampunk to me, although I adore his goggles.

I like the goggles, but I'm not keen on the colour combinations of his clothes and accessories and the obvious household scientist gloves.  And I really dislike that bandana. If you want to wrap some cloth over your face there are much better options out there.

I think the idea behind the outfit works, but the execution could be vastly improved.