1 (edited by Chicar 2011-10-30 15:40)

Topic: Fancy For Steampunk Warfare ?

I found this online strategy game
http://warlight.net/Dashboard.aspx

...and i say to myself there potential for a strategy|role play hybrid game like the one we do with nationstate.

Here the idea:
1-it would be a multi-day game in a large map.It would be in team mode for plot purpose. Btw,we should discusse together of the background of each teams and how they came to fight together.
2-For each action done, we can optionally roleplay it in the to-be- role play thread here in the forum.
3- The roleplay storyline would be some sort of early bird WWI setted around 1894. We would start at OTL 19th century tech level, but steampunk will ensue throught the weapon race between the factions.
4-A turn=a year of the conflict.A chart of what tech appear at which turn will be made later.

You can taste the game in real time mode in the single player campaign before telling me if you're interested. If you are, sign up to the site and give me your e-mail so i can put you in my invite list.

''What's more important, the data or the jazz? Sure, sure, 'Information should be free' and all that- but anyone can set information free. The jazz is in how you do it, what you do it to, and in almost getting caught without getting caught. The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. ''
Datatech Sinder Roze, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
-Arthur C Clarke

Re: Fancy For Steampunk Warfare ?

Hum, i thought than multi-dimensional roleplay would be more interesting to people than that.

''What's more important, the data or the jazz? Sure, sure, 'Information should be free' and all that- but anyone can set information free. The jazz is in how you do it, what you do it to, and in almost getting caught without getting caught. The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. ''

-Arthur C Clarke

*sigh* no time for online gaming at all, ATM. Quit playing Iron Grip: Marauders a year ago.

ATM ?

-Arthur C Clarke

At The Moment wink

Same here -- it sounds like a good idea but I don't want to commit to something I probably don't have time to pursue regularly.