Re: New colors

OK, it should be darker now. It's #444 on the blog still, now #222 on the forums. #000 is black, which is the color of links (which are also bold.)

It is better. Thanks.

AFGHANISTAN 2009
I walk through the dry hills
I hold the little girl's hand
I wrestle the wildfire
I share the pain
Because if not I, who? If not now, when?

13 (edited by Hyperion 2011-10-22 15:29)

The layout looks nice. Whether the "dark" layout or the "light" one, the design aspect that bothered me most was simply color contrast (or lack of it) between the foreground and background. In the case of the "light" layout, I am referring to the light gray post area and other areas set against a white background. Hurts my eyes a bit and encourages them to wander from the posts. If that makes any sense.

“Faith is both the prison and the open hand.”— Vienna Teng, "Augustine"

I understand what you're saying but if I up the contrast, make the post areas darker for instance, the layout becomes so boxy...

15 (edited by Hyperion 2011-10-22 19:31)

Yeah. When it comes to contrasts, though, I was thinking more along the lines of CopyBlogger.com, where the background is a gray and the foreground (the box area for the posts) is a more distinct shade of white (until fading to gray at the bottom of each post). Then again, ThinkSimpleNow.com is mostly white but I do not feel my eye wander for some reason. In both cases, though, those websites I compared/contrasted with are static pages instead of a forum. A better example since it is a forum is vBulletin.org, which has a light blue and white foreground against a dark blue background.

Maybe my eye wanders because the articles in the website I linked to are stretched/fluid, while the posts on this forum are fixed/compressed and aligned to the left of "Your menu" leaving a lot of empty white area below the menu in the post area.

“Faith is both the prison and the open hand.”— Vienna Teng, "Augustine"

Maybe the shades of grey are too similar here. I'll be playing with the colors anyway when we switch to bbPress so I'll keep this in mind.

Ooh boy, things certainly have changed while I've been busy and away from the forums! Is this a tribute to Steve Jobs? It's so modern and clean looking...