Re: A European Steampunk Convention

I don't think I'll be able to help in terms of organization but whatever I can do to promote it -- let me know!

Hey Nick, I see, you put it on the Gatehouse visual blogroll, thank you! Maybe we could mention it in Issue 21, too?

@N. Inmunsapá, I've sent you a message. smile

Marcus wrote:

Hey Nick, I see, you put it on the Gatehouse visual blogroll, thank you! Maybe we could mention it in Issue 21, too?

Of course! Could you write a couple of paragraphs for our "News" page?

Consider it done!

Mechanurg wrote:

Well, to me the French city of Nantes appears to be the appropriate place: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jules_Verne_Museum

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier:Mu … _Verne.jpg

Nantes is EPIC and awesome!  At least it seems to be from what I saw from it online (not been there yet, sniff).  BUT and here's the catch, it's a bit of a bitch to get to sad

I still think that Villepins or even Disneyland Paris would be good places to hold it.  Both have big convention centers, are easy to reach by public transport and the French scene is probably the biggest in Europe.

Great suggestions!
Let's see what ideas the people from www.steampunk.fr have. And right now it looks like a multi-location event, since there are also people from Norway joining in big_smile

If the French are interested, would you like me to check out whether or not Sam or I could get discounts on the DLP (Disneyland Paris) convention centers?  Just to get an idea of price?  I'm not sure whether they offer discounts for AP (annual passport) or shareholders (in Sam's case) but it's worth asking should the French people be interested.

HildeKitten wrote:

If the French are interested, would you like me to check out whether or not Sam or I could get discounts on the DLP (Disneyland Paris) convention centers?  Just to get an idea of price?  I'm not sure whether they offer discounts for AP (annual passport) or shareholders (in Sam's case) but it's worth asking should the French people be interested.

Excellent! Please do.
Could I have your regular address, too? I would like to send you send you some chocolate and fowers. wink

And BTW: Why ia there no feedback from Belgium and The Netherlands? I thought there were quite a few Dutch steampunks out there, but except for you people and one friend from brassgoggles, nothing, just silence.

Well in Belgium the scene goes like this:
The Walloon steampunks are with the French, so you have heard from them via the French.
And the Flemish steampunks, which consists of god knows how many (I'm guessing less than 20) spread over the place that bump into each other at conventions.  If I bump into them at Facts I'll be happy to spread the word.  Bare in mind that our steampunks at convention record is 8.

As for the Dutch, I have no clue.  I pretty much only talk to you guys on here these days, I'm not much of a people person.

I'll email you my regular address, email me yours too! smile
I'm still thinking about an epic logo.

I don't know if there's a big steampunk scene in the Netherlands. If there is, I haven't noticed it.