1 (edited by Mechanurg 2011-08-12 17:07)

Topic: Min first novel -- blatant selfpromotion

I cannot resist informing the forum that I have managed to get my first fantasy novel published (with a good dose of help from my sister). Unfortunately it is in Swedish so it is only a few of you who would be able to enjoy it. "Spiran och staven" (The Sceptre and the Quarterstaff) is a renaissance-flavoured fantasy story, with muskets, pseudo-shaolin monks and alchemical (pseudo- "steampunkish") machines, but without elves, dwarves and sorcerors.

http://www.adlibris.com/se/product.aspx?isbn=9185277991

cool

AFGHANISTAN 2009
I walk through the dry hills
I hold the little girl's hand
I wrestle the wildfire
I share the pain
Because if not I, who? If not now, when?

Re: Min first novel -- blatant selfpromotion

That's awesome news! I don't know anyone in Sweden besides Jawa and yourself but I hope it sells well!

Moved to The Emporium by the way because this is exactly what that forum is for. wink

And I'll blog it at The Gatehouse of course!

Thanks

AFGHANISTAN 2009
I wrestle the wildfire
I share the pain

A hearty congratulations Mr. Mechanurg! I am very happy for you. I hope your novel does well!

I have followed the project sporadicly on your blog and I will say that it sounds quite interesting. Unfortunetly I am fresh out of cash at the moment so I won't be able to order a copy sad

But still congratulations! The Swedish fantasy/scifi/etc scene needs more print to its name.

You will never come up against a greater adversary than your own potential

Wow!  Congratulations!  big_smile Sounds like a really fun story.  If I could read Swedish, heh, I would totally give it a shot; I know how much work can go into writing a novel!

*applause*
I hope it sells well enough to merrit a translation into English! smile

Marcus wrote:

*applause*
I hope it sells well enough to merrit a translation into English! smile

That would be a dream event, indeed. There are 10 mn Swedish-speakers and perhaps 500 mn English-speakers.

AFGHANISTAN 2009
I wrestle the wildfire
I share the pain