Re: Issue 17

Thank you, Herr Pflaume!

As for people being unable to read the text, this appears to be a problem with some versions of the Apple Preview program.

Ottens wrote:

Thanks Marcus!

It's already posted on Clockworker as well.

Die Zeit verfliegt und schon liegt die Ausgabe 17 der Gatehouse Gazette auf der Türschwelle des Anwesens. Seit 2008 veröffentlicht Chefredakteur Nick Ottens mit der Zuverlässigkeit einer Dieselmaschine dieses ausgezeichnete Magazin und steigert die Qualität von Ausgabe zu Ausgabe.

Pardon my French but without resorting to Google Translate, this is more or less what they're saying: "Time flies and already the 17th edition of the Gatehouse Gazette has arrived. Since 2008, chief editor Nick Ottens has been making this magazine with the efficiency/punctuality of diesel engine and its quality increases with issue after issue."

Yes, that's it big_smile

Just finished reading it cover to cover! Amazing issue everyone, I loved all the articles.

Nick, your new colour layouts are really coming into their own. Great work putting it all together!

Albrecht wrote:
Ottens wrote:

Pardon my French but without resorting to Google Translate, this is more or less what they're saying: "Time flies and already the 17th edition of the Gatehouse Gazette has arrived. Since 2008, chief editor Nick Ottens has been making this magazine with the efficiency/punctuality of diesel engine and its quality increases with issue after issue."

Yes, that's it big_smile

My high school German classes have done some good then big_smile

Larry posted about the issue at his blog last month.

An example of the power of the Internet is the free online magazine The Gatehouse Gazette, which publishes articles on both Steampunk and Dieselpunk. First published in July of 2008, the Gazette articles are written by volunteers, many of whom are members of the online forum The Smoking Lounge. While obviously there will be some opinions expressed in the Gazette in which the reader will disagree, the articles are always well written and informative. The Gatehouse Gazette is an intelligent magazine with a sophisticated layout that’s commercial free and is available free to download.