Topic: Suggestions on where I should publish my short story

Sorry if this isn't the right forum, but I have written a (roughly) 14,600-word steampunk-esque short story set at the beginning of the French Revolution, and I don't know who or where I should send it to try and get it published.

The premise:
A trio of French knights finds themselves caught in the Bastille when it is stormed by a Parisian mob on July 14, 1789 (X Calendar). They must not only escape the siege, but also save King Louis XVI from an assasination plot.
Expect airships, weird technology, tweaked historical figures, and maybe a monster or two.

An excerpt can be found at http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewsho … p?id=49539

Re: Suggestions on where I should publish my short story

If you look at the index of this forum you can see that we have a section called The Emporium (for all things fictional and fashionable).  you should have this thread in there to start with wink

Why not make a free website somewhere (google will be able to tell you where and how you can go about that) and post a thread in the Emporium with the link to the story?

And don't forget to swing by the Diogenes Club (also see index) to introduce yourself in the introduction thread.  Welcome to the Smoking Lounge!

Re: Suggestions on where I should publish my short story

Ah, OK. Thanks. I'll look into it.