Topic: NationStates Issues

Here's so share the dilemmas we as Governments face every day on NationStates.

Re: NationStates Issues

In my mailbox today: the question of gun ownership. Apparently, the "Gun Owners of Holy Indoril" wished to make gun ownership compulsory under law. Now I'm all for guns, but forcing people to own and carry them? That doesn't sound very libertarian. I'll go with my Police Chief who argues:

A better option would be to legalize, and encourage use of, concealed carry laws, which would allow responsible citizens to keep firearms with them at all times, on their person, to kill any wacko or their cousin who they think is threatening them.

My military wants more funding for weapons, so I gave it to them.

Well, I outlawed elections too, so what do you expect tongue

Sorry, left the Falcon in the Bentley. Right now, you answer to my Ronson T-T.

All hail Kremperpunk.

Ella Kremper wrote:

A dictatorship? Why, I am shocked, shocked, I say!

But if you open your borders to Indoril's products, we may still come to an ... understanding, I'm sure.

Ottens wrote:
Ella Kremper wrote:

A dictatorship? Why, I am shocked, shocked, I say!

I think it's quite clear that in reality I would be utter crap in a political situation, so I'm going for the easy option of all-out dictatorship and dystopia, etc.! big_smile

But if you open your borders to Indoril's products, we may still come to an ... understanding, I'm sure.

I'm still not sure how this game works, so sure!

Sorry, left the Falcon in the Bentley. Right now, you answer to my Ronson T-T.

All hail Kremperpunk.

Following new legislation in Holy Indoril, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill.

Hey, why not?

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a serious problem.

Oh, right. That's why.

Ottens wrote:

In my mailbox today: the question of gun ownership. Apparently, the "Gun Owners of Holy Indoril" wished to make gun ownership compulsory under law. Now I'm all for guns, but forcing people to own and carry them? That doesn't sound very libertarian. I'll go with my Police Chief who argues:

A better option would be to legalize, and encourage use of, concealed carry laws, which would allow responsible citizens to keep firearms with them at all times, on their person, to kill any wacko or their cousin who they think is threatening them.

That sounds like a better option... a more popular one. We had better consider compulsory safety training for those who choose to arm themselves. We may also want to register the weapons and obtain a fired bullet and spent casing from each to provide a database that could assist in future crime investigation. I think this type of legislation could provide a political opportunity for the Holy Indoril leadership.

I've been opting for more and more economic freedom yet the info section of my nation says that Private Enterprise is outlawed. O.o

Blessed be Science and her handmaiden Steam;
They make Utopia only half a dream.

The V.A.P. wrote:

I've been opting for more and more economic freedom yet the info section of my nation says that Private Enterprise is outlawed. O.o

Change takes effect slowly, I suppose?

In my mailbox today:

A haggard group of new recruits in Holy Indoril's army have spoken out against the brutal conditions experienced in their military training.

Pah! What pussies! The soldiers want to sleep in till noon and have private bedrooms, the officers want to "whip some pasty-faced, beer-gutted greenhorn because he can't climb over a razor-wire fence," some sandal-wearing radio host proposes to stop training soldiers altogether and just drop them into combat unprepared, while my Chief of Secret Projects and Shiny Things suggests we train some sort of Manchurian Candidatesque Ubersoldiers.

Oh, the dilemmas nations face!