Topic: NationStates Off-Topic

I just discovered I still had an account with NationStates: The Kingdom of Holy Indoril.

NationStates is a fun little nation simulation game that's been around for years. If you care to join up -- and I recommend you do! -- become part of The Blazing World. That's the region where I'm at!

Re: NationStates Off-Topic

Would anyone be up for an RPG based off this?

What is it?

Sorry, left the Falcon in the Bentley. Right now, you answer to my Ronson T-T.

All hail Kremperpunk.

In NationStates, you can make your own country, and usually every day you're confronted with an issue that will shape the political and economic future of your state.

The RPG can be forum based, using info from your fictional country at NationStates to build military forces, enact tries, wage war and make peace.

I recall years ago, when I was on Nationstates, circa 2004. They used to run an RPG such as you describe on the Jolt Forums which used to (and may still) run Nationstates. The only problem was, after a couple of weeks, the decisions you had to make would start to repeat themselves. I forget how you got wealth/power though

Steiner wrote:

I forget how you got wealth/power though

It can be derived from your "Economy" status, possibly in conjunction with population count (not particularly fair unless everyone starts at the same point) and the "Civil Rights" and "Political Freedoms" indicators.

Edit: There's actually some nifty online calculators for exactly this purpose!

Here and here. (The second's nice because it takes into account regional information.)

Selemond has joined this Blazing World.

Blessed be Science and her handmaiden Steam;
They make Utopia only half a dream.

In case we're role-playing, I've prepared a little map so nations can claim their spots!

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/7735/map.jpg

I don't suppose we'll end up with 27 players so please position yourself somewhere in the southeast, around the sea there, so participating nations can actually be close to one another.

Unless anyone else wants it desperately, I'd like to claim #14 for Holy Indoril, right in the center of things.

9 (edited by The V.A.P. 2010-07-12 06:16)

Ooooh! Do you have environmental information? And what level of technology?

I think I'd like to nab number 19.

And how shall newer weaker nations work into this?

Blessed be Science and her handmaiden Steam;
They make Utopia only half a dream.

The V.A.P. wrote:

Do you have environmental information? And what level of technology?

This is a steampunk world, so I'd say we're somewhere around the turn-of-the-century in terms of technology. But you're free to make your nation a little backward or a little more advanced.

As for the environment, you're free to determine this for your country, of course!

And how shall newer weaker nations work into this?

Now, I think this calculator works best. Of course the "government budget" which it renders is influenced by population size, which is unfair to new players. We can use GDP per capita instead and multiply that by some factor?