1 (edited by Hilde 2010-05-17 13:36)

Topic: Where are you online?

I think it would be a good idea to have a list of where people can be found online so we can friend each other on these things etc smile

I'll go first since I started the thread

my website

my tumblr account

my flickr page

my twitter

my livejournal blog

Where can you guys be found?
my blogspot blog

2 (edited by Ella Kremper 2010-05-26 12:36)

Re: Where are you online?

I don't really keep online profiles as such... my 2 blog experiments died a horrific death of Jack Bauer standards (ran out of time)...

I'm sort of on Twitter but I don't update it with tweets as I use it for playing Echo Bazaar. Maybe I should... EDIT: I shall try to do so now!

I've thought about keeping a personal blog, but as my life isn't particularly interesting I feel it would just turn into a massive rant consisting of me against the world, and wouldn't reflect greatly on me. Also, don't think anybody would want to read it. I prefer ranting here in the Rants thread big_smile

So, I suppose you can find me in these places:

Twitter

Flickr (hardly been on it in years)

DeviantART (again, hardly been on it in years)

However... you're more likely to find me here. At the Smoking Lounge big_smile

Sorry, left the Falcon in the Bentley. Right now, you answer to my Ronson T-T.

All hail Kremperpunk.

Stickied this topic!

I'm on Twitter.

BTW -- I'm thinking about switching to Tumblr for The Gatehouse this summer. Not sure yet whether I'll have the time, and I'm still undecided whether to do it at all, but I do like their concept.

I think that you should be more active on twitter and flickr as they get a lot of views.  Views equal people that will look at the lounge and the Gazette wink

Tumblr is alright, I don't think you should switch to there, I think you should add it.
I was surprised at how little time it takes to keep the whole lot updated as it generally just involves copy pasting posts to everywhere to make sure you reach as many people as possible smile

HildeKitten wrote:

I think that you should be more active on twitter and flickr as they get a lot of views.  Views equal people that will look at the lounge and the Gazette

Aye! Hopefully, I'll have more time for that during the summer.

Tumblr is alright, I don't think you should switch to there, I think you should add it.

That may be worth considering indeed!

Nick, seeing as Tumblr is primarily used for photographs and not much in the way of content, it might be a good addition to the regular blog, somewhere people can go to see inspiring images without much else.

Well, now that I'm done with university and my trip down to Georgia to see my fiancée, I will hopefully be around these parts more.

Even so, if you need to find me, he's where I usually reside:

Twitter: This is where I am most of the time. I've taken to using Twitter the most as it is used most often by my other friends and it hasn't be overridden by applications like Facebook.

Facebook: That said, I still use Facebook from time to time.

BlogSpot: Expect me to start using this more again.

LiveJournal: Prtty much never update it anymore, but I still check what friends post on it.

Also, if anyone uses AIM, feel free to chat me up. My username is sjonref.

Sean Schönherr, author of Cinema is Cinema

Right, so here's my list:

Facebook

Livejournal

Steampunk Canada

Steampunk Empire

Goodreads

Col. Adrianna Hazard wrote:

Nick, seeing as Tumblr is primarily used for photographs and not much in the way of content, it might be a good addition to the regular blog, somewhere people can go to see inspiring images without much else.

You _can_ use tumblr for text, it's just that most people seem to lazy to blog on it properly.  It doesn't really allow for proper long replies mind you.

But it is well worth it seeing Nick'd be able to put up imagery from the blog and Gazette and direct link to whichever the image belongs too.

I've got, apart from my homepages, a LiveJournal:

http://schlimazlnik.livejournal.com/

I don't use other social networking tools. I'm too oldfashioned for that, I like forums.

Just call me Jack