Re: help needed: Weird War/occult Dieselp. books?

@Steve:
Hey, thanks. Both (esp. the first one) sound exactly like my cup of dark, weird tea wink
Going to put them on my books-to-buy list right away!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help...

22 (edited by Steve Costigan 2010-03-18 17:02)

Glad to be of help.
A somewhat different take on what your looking for can be found in Paul Wilson's The Keep.
A unit of SS is sent to route out resistance in Romania and sets their headquarters is an old, wait for it, keep.
Through their own stupidity they release the being that has been held there for a very very long time.
And no, it is not a vampire. It is something worse.

The mark of the superior individual is their use of their superior judgement to avoid situations requiring their superior skills.

As chance would have it, many years ago I was working for a brief time at Shepperton Studios. They were shooting The Keep there at that time. The movie wasn't much but in those pre-CG days it was great fun to see the enormous sets and amazing props. One whole soundstage was dressed with faux rock up the walls to stand in for a huge cavern or "keep" carved out of the interior of a mountain. Also there were dozens of mannequins of blasted dead Nazis. They are horrifying when seen in context of the movie, but when they were just standing around out in the bright sunshine all day waiting for their scene, they were pretty funny.

If it can't be expressed in figures, its not science, it is opinion.

R. A. Heinlein

There's a Wierd War 2 Tabletop RPG by Pinnacle books. Might be worth some ideas...

I don't know whether it's been said before or not, but "Diesel City" by Stefan is one of the quintessential Diesel works smile