Topic: Steampunk dolls

I'm not putting this under toys to avoid getting chased by pitchfork carrying doll people screaming that bjd are not toys wink
(hey you'd be surprised how many of those there are!)

Lately I've seen more and more ball jointed dolls (BJD), blythes, pullips and other dolls dressed up in steamy outfits, so I thought it could be fun to have a thread with photos of those.

My own doll:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2717/4194968442_3aef05c603_m.jpg

larger view

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2765/4194968262_fc8da9c84a_m.jpg

larger view

Re: Steampunk dolls

Is it strange that I'm slightly scared by dolls?

Not really, Nick. I think it's similar to the fear many people have of clowns. They're eerie looking with their exaggerated features and have been the subject of many a horror story.

But Hilde's is so cute! I love all the little outfits she's always dressing it in.

Really nice-looking doll. Have you considered adding some hand-held steamtech devices? I am all thumbs when comes to these crafts so I have no idea how difficult such items would be to make for a skilled person like you.

AFGHANISTAN 2009
I walk through the dry hills
I hold the little girl's hand
I wrestle the wildfire
I share the pain
Because if not I, who? If not now, when?

Ottens wrote:

Is it strange that I'm slightly scared by dolls?

No it's not, some of them are _really_ scary!

Col. Adrianna Hazard wrote:

Not really, Nick. I think it's similar to the fear many people have of clowns. They're eerie looking with their exaggerated features and have been the subject of many a horror story.

But Hilde's is so cute! I love all the little outfits she's always dressing it in.

you should see some of the demon BJD that are becoming more and more popular, no way I'm ever allowing one of those in my home, it'll give me nightmares!

Thanks Colonel smile
I got her so I can model doll clothes on her that I make out of scraps (far better use than tossing scraps!) and since I have her I dress her up and use her as home decoration big_smile

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3079/3116583804_31f55578bb_m.jpg

larger view

Mechanurg wrote:

Really nice-looking doll. Have you considered adding some hand-held steamtech devices? I am all thumbs when comes to these crafts so I have no idea how difficult such items would be to make for a skilled person like you.

Thanks smile
I did consider it, but I'm always so busy that I never get 'round to it O_o
Making doll skirts goes _really_ quickly so I have loads of different skirts for her, other things not so much I fear.

When I have time I'll definitely give it a try, results will surely be shared here smile

But you _are_ right, little hand-held devices for dolls are a lot of fun and do add a lot to their overall look and charm, I do agree smile

steampunk pullip and dal

Seriously, you guys should see these, they're brilliant!

Those are pretty impressive!

HildeKitten wrote:

steampunk pullip and dal

Seriously, you guys should see these, they're brilliant!

I am amused big_smile

Although I know they're just pretending to be lifeless.