Topic: Snow! There's snow!

It's been freezing for a couple of days already but tonight was the first time there was snow here. Yesterday I already spotted some people iceskating and tomorrow or the day after that will be this year's first iceskating marathon of natural ice.

It's WINTER! big_smile

Re: Snow! There's snow!

It's been snowing like hell for two days here. And lo and behold, the stockholm public transport organisation has yet to realize thet they, in fact, do not work in Rio and hence there's snow every winter. I went to the university this morning and now they have gladly posted on their website that all traffic to my municipality has been cut. Great fun!

You will never come up against a greater adversary than your own potential

Hah, it started snowing here two weeks ago or so. It is always nice to watch the first big fluffy flakes falling. Unless your live somewhere in Canada that isn't Toronto and get buried in two or three feet of the stuff during the first snow of the year big_smile

In my enthusiasm I almost forget that the two of you live somewhere near the North Pole and would probably have seen snow before I did. wink

I'm taking work home with me, in case I get snowed in overnight as heavy snowfall is predicted...

the trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be

That's 2 inches, by British standards. tongue

I think I got twice that during two hours this morning.

You will never come up against a greater adversary than your own potential

If we had that the country would grind to a stop! The one snow plough in Britain is probably in dis-repair or on loan or can only be deployed by a Parliamentary Select Committee. Very much a rain and fog land. Snow is out of the league!

We only had light snow so far but the wind is horribly cold.

Ok, my country's in chaos. We hardly got a centimeter of snow, and traffic's jammed, trains have stopped running and the worst part is: I have to get home tomorrow.

How is it that every single winter, everyone freaks out when there's a tiny bit of snow?