Re: Join us on Facebook

I'll be posting updates more often on our Facebook group from now on.

Yes, I'm finally giving in to Web 2.0.

As I noticed! I joined the group. Looks like there's also been an increase on Twitter posts from the Gatehouse.

Sean Schönherr, author of Cinema is Cinema

Like Hildekitten, I'm not particularly interested. My issue with Facebook is more basic, though. Non-members, like myself, can't view anything there and I'm not going to join a site just so I can do what I should have been able to as a non-member: look around. Biggest turn-off to the idea of joining a site to me.

Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Ottens wrote:

I'll be posting updates more often on our Facebook group from now on.

Yes, I'm finally giving in to Web 2.0.

I'm still not going near Failbook!
It's way too stalkerific to my liking X_x

Fiery Little One wrote:

Non-members, like myself, can't view anything there and I'm not going to join a site just so I can do what I should have been able to as a non-member: look around. Biggest turn-off to the idea of joining a site to me.

Indeed! I was under the impression that non-registered users could still see groups and stuff. Most people have their profiles hidden to non-registered users though, or even from non-friends. But can't you even see the content on the Gatehouse group without logging in?

Huh... I stand corrected as far as this group seems concerned. Bookmarked.

Good. I'm glad.

Not that you stand corrected. But that the group content can be seen to everyone that is.

But yes, profiles usually can't be seen unless you've registered. I also hate it when forums do that. Why would you want to join if you can't see what to join for?

18 (edited by Fiery Little One 2009-11-10 23:34)

That's my problem with a lot of sites that ask you to join, most of them aren't really asking if you want to, they're telling you that if you want to see what's up, you must join up. Which, as I said before, is a big turn off.

I've posted a number of previews of our upcoming 1930s edition on our Facebook page.