Topic: Lounge Spaceship

So, the idea of a spaceship for Lounge members to use in the event of the impending apocalypse keeps cropping up in various threads.  The good Colonel and I seem to be de facto leaders of the project somehow.

Given our various needs, and that we will be in close proximity for what might be a considerable time, some thought should perhaps go into what members would like our good ship to look like, its facilities and decor.  Also, we really should have a name!

Any ideas, concepts, sketches are welcome.  I suggest an eventual amalgamation of these, with possible publication in the Gazette at some point!

Over to you!

the trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be

Re: Lounge Spaceship

Jolly good idea this!

I ask for a holodeck, a Tiki Bar, a bowling alley, plenty of bathrooms, and some charming Jazz lounge with big panorama windows please.

Perhaps to look something like this:

http://www.exchange3d.com/cubecart/images/uploads/aff868/ProteusX_IMG////spaceship_proteus_1.jpg

Or this, if we want to take on more than just the forum membership:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2145/2104541886_2e3548f3cf.jpg

No harm in saving at least part of the species, eh?

Dr Damon Molinarius wrote:

Also, we really should have a name!

USS Ottens? big_smile Or "The Gateship"?

I'd like toilets that don't have shiny toilet paper, please! smile

Art deco style design in some of the rooms!

Sorry, left the Falcon in the Bentley. Right now, you answer to my Ronson T-T.

All hail Kremperpunk.

Ella Kremper wrote:

Why just some? I say, deco all the way!

Art Deco in the living room, Art Nouveau in the kitchen, and total chaos in workshop!

Ottens wrote:
Ella Kremper wrote:

Why just some? I say, deco all the way!

Didn't want to push my luck!

Sorry, left the Falcon in the Bentley. Right now, you answer to my Ronson T-T.

All hail Kremperpunk.

Ottens wrote:

No harm in saving at least part of the species, eh?

Dr Damon Molinarius wrote:

Also, we really should have a name!

USS Ottens? big_smile Or "The Gateship"?

There had better be a stringent application process for boarding tongue Also, I request a good life support system with plenty of backups. Oh, and a greenhouse area. We need fresh food, not just freeze dried broccoli. Plus I can continue my experiments that way big_smile

As far as the name goes, I do like the Gateship, although we could also call it the Vanguard in homage to our RPG craft.

Agreed, though in that case I'm sure JD will claim the captain's chair.

I second the motion to provide multiple life-support systems. We won't want to run out of oxygen up there, do we now?

Ottens wrote:

Agreed, though in that case I'm sure JD will claim the captain's chair.

I second the motion to provide multiple life-support systems. We won't want to run out of oxygen up there, do we now?

Col. Adrianna Hazard wrote:

Oh, and a greenhouse area. We need fresh food, not just freeze dried broccoli. Plus I can continue my experiments that way

If there's insects involved, that's one part of the ship I'll be avoiding.

10 (edited by Sigurjon Njalsson 2009-06-16 20:32)

Can we have a cinema in there, too?

I move we do not, under any circumstances, call it the Titanic or make any claims that is is unsinkable. I've seen the Futurama episode. No icebergs of the skies for me, thank you!

Also, while I do like the idea of "a stringent application process for boarding," I do hope that we'll be prepared to at least accommodate our loved ones who are not members of this fine forum!

Sean Schönherr, author of Cinema is Cinema