Topic: Layout update

As you see, there's been some little updating to the layout of the Smoking Lounge and the rest of The Gatehouse as well.

The forum title now appears in big letters atop the boards. Click the title to go to the home page. Click the little lion besides it to go to the front page of The Gatehouse.

The old floormap menu is gone and replaced with a nifty drop-down menu that allows for many more pages. For now, you'll have some difficulty accessing all the pages, but I'm working on getting them all up, so bear with us please!

Re: Layout update

My first thought: effing classy. Nice job--how'd you do that? Width=100% for that div tag?

Do you mean the title or the new menu?

The big ol' title thing at the top.

I just got a new router and wireless gear, initially I was baffled and wonder if the new equipment or software had altered the browser settings somehow. It's all black magic to me, these computers. I can make fire though...With flint.

JD Roger wrote:

The big ol' title thing at the top.

Oh that's simple enough. I have the background color set to that orange shade and all the rest of the content in a big DIV called "red", which is that darker shade of red you see behind here. I just added a new DIV, called "title", with a bit of left and bottom margin, and added that to the top of the page, first one in the BODY.

Hmmmmm... I'm not an immediate fan of this change in layout, but I suppose I need to give it time to grow on me...

May I suggest you add a space between the title bar and the lion logo on the side bar? They seem a little cramped at the moment.

Col. Adrianna Hazard wrote:

May I suggest you add a space between the title bar and the lion logo on the side bar? They seem a little cramped at the moment.

Aye, that's always been a bit of a problem. See, Internet Explorer, for some reason, doesn't give a margin there, while others browsers, at least Mozilla and Safari, do.

I can add extra margin, however, that, Mozilla and Safari would display also, resulting in an uncomfortably large space in these (better wink) browsers...

Perhaps its just my browser but it doesn't look like the site works in Chrome with the header and sidebar all over the place. The horrors of this multi-browser internet. wink

I just installed Chrome which only takes a minute or so, and all looks fine, so I'm afraid that what you're seeing is either the way it's supposed to be wink or there's some problem on your end... All I can recommend is try and clear your cookies or temporary internet files, perhaps that'll help?

If the problem persists, would you be able to make a Print Screen so I might see what's wrong?