Topic: One-Year Anniversary

January 8th, we celebrate the one-year existence of the Smoking Lounge! Thus over the course of the next week, the Administration has scheduled some modest festivities and hoopla to commemorate this awesome occasion.

Allow me first to thank at this junction all the fine Ladies and Gentlemen Steampunkians and Decodents who have been with us for so long. We are especially grateful to those who registered here at the very Beginning, for without them, this place could not have been. That applies also to many who joined up since. We hope you will continue to enjoy your membership here at least long enough till the next anniversary!

Re: One-Year Anniversary

Huzzah! Celebration is in order!

Will there be cake?

Just call me Jack

No, but I've asked Hilde to provide chocolate and truffles. Plus there'll be booze of course.

You know, my memory is quite legendary but this I don't remember?
When did you ask this again? tongue

Was it whilst I was mocking Bert for putting the faux fox shawl on his head and not paying attention to much else because I was going for my camera or something?

And now that I've jested at Nick, _I_ have written it down on my calendar, Bert is already muttering darkly and I have decided to have lemon cake (at least if the shop stops running out of insta-cake mix, otherwise it shall have to be another flavour) for this occassion and dress steamy (like that doesn't happen most days already haha).

Aye, that must have been when I slipped that in. Alas then, we shall have to do without chocolate, but as far as I'm concerned, liquor alone will do just fine. wink

Ah, let's party like it's... a party!  Congrats, Nick, this is a great achievement, especially considering the number of come-and-go sites in the aethernet nowadays.  Proud and pleased to be here, and looking forward to some lovely lemony cake...

the trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be

The first episode in the official "History of the Smoking Lounge" has been published. Enjoy!

Very good!  I'm glad things didn't pan out as originaaly planned, as I like the way the Lounge is set out and has evolved and the areas work well - and, I think, better than the original intended areas.

Nice to know the history of this marvellous institution!

the trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be