Re: Movie Club

Season 2 of Counterpart is out. It's probably the last season, as the series has been canceled, but they were able to wrap it up nicely.

Watched Operation Finale, which is very good.

Looking forward to the second season of Deutschland 83, which is called Deutschland 86.

I've given up on Star Trek: Discovery. It's just not the Star Trek I'm used to and like. I recently rewatched all of The Next Generation, though.

Also saw Bad Times at the El Royale. It's a neo-noir, bit Quentin Tarantino-style. A little too much blood and violence for me, but overall pretty good.

Ottens wrote:

I've given up on Star Trek: Discovery. It's just not the Star Trek I'm used to and like. I recently rewatched all of The Next Generation, though.

Just watching the next generation myself. Getting close to the end though, only 20 episodes to go - aahhh!
I suppose I'll move on to DS9 next, seems the logical choice.

Definitively! Have you seen DS9 before? It's a bit slow in the first few seasons, but it's worth getting through. You'll develop a feel for the characters and the setting.

Ottens wrote:

Definitively! Have you seen DS9 before? It's a bit slow in the first few seasons, but it's worth getting through. You'll develop a feel for the characters and the setting.

I haven't, no. I have seen all of TOS though.

Then you're in for a treat! smile

When people ask me what my favorite series is, I always say TNG is my favorite but DS9 is objectively the best.

Well then I don't feel as apprehensive about finishing TNG. I've been pretty much rationing the episodes I have left.