201 (edited by Hilde 2011-07-17 18:58)

Re: Movie Club

I tried the search, apparently this has not been posted before.  It's not a steampunk or a dieselpunk movie, so I'm putting it here.
But by jove, this looks MIGHTY!

I know I'm going to see it, even if has to be in poxy 3D!

trailer

EDIT: I take it back, I just saw trailer 2.
ZEPPELINS! ZEPPELINS IN THE 3 MUSKETEERS! Normally I would be outraged but this is just AWESOME!  OMG!

True clockwork-action -- I'd love to see this one in 3D.

AFGHANISTAN 2009
I walk through the dry hills
I hold the little girl's hand
I wrestle the wildfire
I share the pain
Because if not I, who? If not now, when?

I generally think 3D should go die in a fire, but I want to see this so badly I'll even go for the 3D version if needs be!

I am no great fan of superhero movies (unlike my kids). The only ones I have liked are Batman Begins and Spiderman II. But Captain America seems to have been made with an unusual amount of wit, judging by its trailer. And Hugo Weaving as the big badguy? Cool.

This review is good:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/movie … ml?hpid=z9

The issue is then: Will the movie open in Sweden, too? Captain America is after all an unknown comicbook character here, unlike Spiderman (in the newsstands since the 1960s) and Batman (wellknown among us since the 1950s).

AFGHANISTAN 2009
I wrestle the wildfire
I share the pain

According to SF* it will be premier 12 of august. Probably won't watch it myself as I find the hero ludicrous even by superhero standards but there you go.

*The major Swedish cinema chain, for the curious

You will never come up against a greater adversary than your own potential

I'll take my 11-year old Tiger along as an excuse. That kid is a fan of all things fantastic. (My father used the same trick to get to see James Bond movies in the early 70s. "I cannot let the boy go into the city alone. It'll take him too much time to get home afterwards and there is school tomorrow.")

AFGHANISTAN 2009
I wrestle the wildfire
I share the pain

I'm looking forward to this! The trailer looked pretty good.

This one I'm (as I have for most of the non X-Men Marvel movies) using as prep for the Avengers movie, so I'll see it at some point before that movie comes out.

Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

We actually have a thread about this movie already, it's right here

The search is your friend (well most of the time) wink

By the sweet and sassy  heavens to Mergatroid, even!!!  I got chills when Bloom unfurled the plans to an airship, then I saw the airships.  I need to go take a Xanax now...