Re: Movie Club

I saw Inception last night. I thought it was brilliant! Definitely among the better films released this year.

I've been a Christopher Nolan fan since Batman Begins (saw Memento later) and visually, Inception is a bit like The Dark Knight, although, aside from a few familiar faces, that's where the similarities end.

I won't spoil any details, but suffice to say that it's stunning!

I saw it earlier this week and thought it was really good too big_smile

Sorry, left the Falcon in the Bentley. Right now, you answer to my Ronson T-T.

All hail Kremperpunk.

Looks like I'll make an excursion downtown next week, when wife is at work and kids at school. (What, me, work? Nope, I am back on the dole.)

AFGHANISTAN 2009
I walk through the dry hills
I hold the little girl's hand
I wrestle the wildfire
I share the pain
Because if not I, who? If not now, when?

I don't want to see it, it seems really creepy to me.

HildeKitten wrote:

I don't want to see it, it seems really creepy to me.

It really isn't, I assure you! There's a few scary moments but on the whole it's much more mystery than thriller.

I agree, it's definitely not creepy smile Requires a bit of thinking and may leave you afterwards going... huh?

Sorry, left the Falcon in the Bentley. Right now, you answer to my Ronson T-T.

All hail Kremperpunk.

Well I saw it yesterday, and despite the screen being very badly callibrated which led to sore eyes I LOVED it.
Even more then I thought I would.
It had all the awesome of the original and then some!

198 (edited by Fiery Little One 2011-01-22 21:41)

I saw it about a month ago and I couldn't agree more. In fact, here's what I said at the time on SCN: Tron: Legacy... If I were to sum up my reaction to the movie in one word it would be... Wow. Granted I saw it in a recently upgraded theater at the place I like to go to, but I don't honestly think that will make much of a difference either way. The FX were great, the story may have been a little standard but I do NOT see that as a problem. I would recommend people take the time out to watch the original before you go see this one because this movie is positively filled with shout outs to it and you'll have a good time trying to catch them all.

I would catch it in the theaters while you still can.

Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

you're right about that, but I do think that people who haven't seen the original won't be bothered by that fact.  I know several girls that went to see it without having seen Tron and didn't think that was a hindrance. 

I do hope that people like that who see Legacy will look up the original afterwards, the classic needs some love smile

Tomorrow I'm going to see it again with my friend Sam, who hasn't seen it yet.

I'm really hoping (but I bet they will) Disney will release a boxed set of the original and legacy in a couple of months, I'm so getting one big_smile

I made a point of re-watching the original just so I could get my head back into that world again. So I was actually surprised by all the call backs they used in this one. A for DVD releases, as long as they release a special edition version of this movie I'll be happy as I picked up the 20th anniversary edition a few years ago.

Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing